ModPrinters Flexible Packaging is a rapidly growing company with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Mexico. ModPrinters is at the crossroads of advanced technology and manufacturing. ModPrinters mission is to provide a large variety of consumer packaged goods companies the ability to compete with large brands with great packaging. Our customers are predominantly small and medium-sized CPGs, many of whom are focused on creating innovative products for their consumers. Since opening our first manufacturing facility in 2018, our mission has been clear – to help small brands obtain big brand presence, give back to the communities we serve and contribute to the creation of a more sustainable, circular economy.
SALARY Up to $26/hour depending on experience
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Quality Control Coordinator is responsible for performing daily product inspection for converting finished products. This position is responsible for periodic review of department internal control procedures. Periodically review business processes in order to identify and recommend process improvements that increase efficiency and/or accuracy. Prepare and maintain accurate audit working papers and files to support audit findings. Take a lead role in working with management to ensure compliance and regulations are being followed, including AIB and SQF-2.
- Health (3 plans to choose from)
- Life & AD&D and Voluntary Life
- Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Accident, Critical Care, Medical Bridge
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) w/generous employer match
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Hardship Program
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect raw material, work in progress and finished goods.
- Review existing business processes and internal control procedures to identify inefficiencies and evaluate effectiveness.
- Coordinate findings of reviews and audits with the training coordinator and/or Quality Manager.
- Manage projects, including departmental and division initiatives.
- Remain current on technological and business process trends in the industry.
- Assist QA manager or Converting Supervisor to investigate customer complaints.
- Notify any problem or alert regarding converting process to converting supervisor or QA manager.
- Quarantine nonconforming products and advise supervisor or QA manager for disposition.
- Document and control quality findings and data in electronic records.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Could be asked to support other parts of the operations including pouch assistant, slitting, and lamination
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ethical Conduct.
- Decision Making.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Associates degree preferred, plus two years of related experience in Quality Assurance or Document Control.
- Experience in identifying existing process improvement.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be located throughout production and around moving mechanical parts and vibrations
- ModPrinter believes in a collaborative and cross trained workforce and encourage all employees to learn all facets of production. This role will have the ability to learn and train on operational functions throughout the plant.
ModPrinter is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO Poster