ModPrinters Flexible Packaging is a rapidly growing company with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Mexico. Built on break-through digital printing, ModPrinters is at the crossroads of advanced technology and manufacturing. ModPrinter’s mission is to provide locally-based consumer packaged goods companies the ability to compete with large brands with great packaging. Our customers are predominantly locally-based small and medium-sized CPGs, many of whom are focused on creating natural and innovative products for their consumers. Since opening our first manufacturing facility in 2016, our mission has been clear – to help small brands obtain big brand presence, give back to the communities we serve and contribute to the creation of a more sustainable, circular economy.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Pouch Operator sets up and operates pouch making machines that convert laminated films into pouches that meet or exceed customer quality specifications by performing the following duties.
- Health (3 plans to choose from)
- Life & AD&D and Voluntary Life
- Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Accident, Critical Care, Medical Bridge
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) w/generous employer match
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Hardship Program
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure personal compliance with all company Quality System, Operational, and Human Resource policies, procedures, and practices, including Safety and completes required documentation accurately and timely.
- Meets or exceeds prescribed job standards for line speeds, scrap and set-up times.
- Reports any necessary maintenance of the machine to the engineering department using a written work order.
- Reports any unsafe working conditions to the production supervisor.
- Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a continuous quality improvement environment.
- housekeeping procedures.
- Reads job specifications and previous run data (if available) to determine machine adjustments and material requirements. Ensures job is in order prior to machine set-up.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated
- Keeps work area clean.
- Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction. Makes corrections to alleviate out of specification product.
- Measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Performs required quality testing on products produced, i.e. burst test, drop test, water table test, etc.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as changing zipper cloth, dies, seal bars and punches.
- Assists and works cooperatively with assistant machine operators to stack, mark, pack, and transport finished boxes.
- Review work instructions and procedures that are applicable to the position.
- Other duties as assigned by management and supervisors.
- Perform changeovers
- Perform PMs on equipment
- Make recommendations to supervision and management for improvement of production in terms of efficiency and workflow
- Maintain production reports
- Oversee daily performance of Pouch Assistant functions
- Change rolls and cut out splices
- Quality Control checks and data entry
- Trash and trim removal
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Could be asked to support other parts of the operations including press assistant, slitting, and lamination
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Possess and foster a positive attitude of learning and respect
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions
- Ability to take ownership of work and also work as part of a team
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Visual acuity to color consistency
- Manual coordination and dexterity
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Manual coordination and dexterity while utilizing hand tools, cleaning equipment
- Be able to work safely around operating machinery
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of flexible packaging films a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be flexible in work schedule.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is around, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Requires certain Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as hairnets, steel-toed shoes, and facility specific uniform requirements
- ModPrinters believes in a collaborative and cross trained workforce and encourages all employees to learn all facets of production. This role will have the ability to learn and train on operational functions throughout the plants.
ModPrinters is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO Poster